Paid Summer Internship
Bob’s Stores and Eastern Mountain Sports is proud to announce its summer college internship program, a hands-on learning engagement in a hybrid work environment with time spent working in our Meriden, CT office and time spent working remotely. This internship is a paid position, and successful candidates will have the opportunity to work remotely from their colleges through the coming 2023-2024 academic year.
The Bob’s/EMS internship program is focused on marketing, outreach, content creation, product development, and brand engagement, and each intern reports directly to our marketing team, works with senior executives, and will take on an active learning role as a real contributor in our team. EMS is focused on connecting our consumers to joy through adventure; our interns are expected to play a role on the front lines of that mission. Bob’s Stores is focused on delivering everyday affordable products to our communities at a good value and high quality.
Every intern will be provided with direction in a training environment, but is expected to have some level of experience in the following areas:
- Social media – you are familiar with each of the major platforms and trends, and know how to create “low-fi” content (i.e. content that does not require a formal photo shoot or video editing).
- Marketing – you are familiar with the basic terms of marketing, from ROI to CAC, and have an introductory knowledge and understanding of quantitative marketing.
- Creativity – you love coming up with creative ideas about how to reach and engage consumers, from grassroots activations to brand campaigns.
- Copywriting – you have good grammar, can write well, and can generate compelling copy.
- Project Management – you have the ability to manage a small project from beginning to end, including defining the different dependencies, product requirements, and action items, as well as managing different stakeholders and reporting.
- Research – you know how to be resourceful and find information, from community outreach to contact information to engagement with key stakeholders, you are resourceful and your first approach is to dive in and ask questions, not to stand still.
Job responsibilities include:
- Content Creation – you will be trained and learn how to create additional design content using user-friendly tools like Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Email Marketing - you will be trained in how to create marketing emails and associated best practices.
- Data Analysis – you will be trained in how to look at customer data and analyze the data to draw insights and conclusions.
- Operations – you will be trained in how our stores and ecommerce shops operate and will be expected to identify ways you can contribute to our success.
- Employee Marketing – you will work with us to develop our employee marketing programs and define their execution and success.
- Customer Success – you will work with our customer experience leadership to define customer flow and define those programs’ architecture and success.
- General Support – you will participate in all areas of marketing and company operations and be exposed to every aspect of our business’s success. This may include weekends in support of company events.
This internship is a full-time position during Summer 2023 (dates flexible pending school schedules), and interns who meet the requirements and wish to continue in the 2023-2024 academic year are expected to be able to work a minimum of 8-10 hours per week in an ongoing basis. This position is compensated at $15.05/hour.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We know that the more diverse and inclusive our workplace is, the more creativity and perspective we will have as a company.