When you love what you do, is it still work?
At Eastern Mountain Sports, we seek individuals who live the brand lifestyle we represent. Whether you're looking for a fun part time job, or a pathway to a rewarding career, working for Eastern Mountain Sports is a great way to share your knowledge and passion with like-minded people.
As a Bike Technician, you will use your extensive knowledge and experience to match our customers with the bike, equipment and accessories that best fit their physical needs and ability levels. You will also be responsible for assembling new bicycles, estimating repairs, completing overhauls and quick walk-in repairs. In addition, you will place part orders as needed, communicate department stock needs and remain current with product lines, trends and new technology. Success in this role could lead into greater career advancement and development within the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
A varied schedule will include day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- 1+ years of customer service experience, preferably in retail
- 2+ years of bike tech experience preferred
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Friendly and outgoing with a passion for outfitting our customers
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to be persuasive and suggestively sell
- Qualify and educate the customer, supporting the sale with the appropriate add-ons
- Manage multiple tasks with the ability to refocus when interrupted
- Familiar with tools of the trade; mechanically inclined
- Clean, organized and able to work in a shared space
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace, ever-changing environment
- Passionate about your interests as they relate to the cycling
- Active participation in the outdoor sports EMS represents, highly preferred
- Willingness to further technical training and education
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please list the sports you actively participate in under the "Skills" section of the application when applying.
Eastern Mountain Sports, a member of the SDI USA, LLC family also operating Bob's Stores, is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic career opportunities and generous employee discounts