Family Medicine Medical Assistant Opportunity - OB Exp Preferred
Horizon Family Medicine - Four Oaks is a division of the Raleigh-Durham Medical Group (RDMG) which is an organization comprised of several highly esteemed practices in North Carolina whom provide the highest quality care to patients of all ages.
We are seeking candidates that display excellent teamwork, accountability and will successfully function within a high performing organization for Medical Assistant (MA) opportunities. These positions work collaboratively within the clinical department and with the total practice to provide timely, proficient services for all patients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives
- Triage calls from patients to determine medical emergencies, plan of care, refill meds, etc.
- Prepares patients and assists physician in assessment and examinations of patient including assessment of patient safety needs
- Assist physician in performance of diagnostic procedures, treatments, administers medications and performs related tasks as directed
- Documents entries into medical record according to established policies and procedures
- Performs disinfecting procedures
- Cleans and maintains exam rooms and other assigned areas
- Other related job duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 5 years experience, preferably in an outpatient clinical setting
- OB experience is preferred, not required
- Certification through accredited organization is preferred, not required
- Must have EMR experience and knowledge of medical terminology, phlebotomy techniques, administering injections, medication conversions, electronic medical charting, etc.
Interested? Apply today and we'll be in contact with you to discuss next steps!