Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director-Democratic Group/Partnership–San Antonio, Texas
Greater San Antonio Emergency Physicians (GSEP)is seeking the founding residency director for our new emergency medicine residency program. Planned initiation of the program will be for the 2025-2026 academic year. MHS and GSEP are looking for an experienced program director to lead our residents to success. You will work within the Methodist hospital system as a part of an independent, democratic professional association of over 75 emergency medicine physicians.
The ideal candidate will have an established track record in education, teaching, research, recent scholarly activity, and outstanding clinical service. Candidate must have:
- ABEM/ABOEM Certification and have completed an accredited residency program.
- A minimum of three years of prior core faculty experience
- Prior residency leadership at the director, associate director, or assistant director level.
- Current core faculty status (mandatory) in an emergency medicine residency program.
- Completed of an educational fellowship or advanced degree related to education-Preferred.
- A passion for teaching and mentorship, and a dedication to patient care.
- Demonstrated leadership and clinical excellence.
- Willingness to supervise emergency medicine residents, medical students, off-service resident, nurses, technicians, and other health care workers.
- Devise the supervision plan and requirements for all clinical faculty.
- Outstanding communication skills, have a collaborative mindset, and posses a proven track record of innovation and problem-solving.
- An interest in working clinically (approx. 50%).
Our community-based program in the seventh largest city in America will offer urban, suburban, and rural / critical-access clinical opportunities. The Methodist Healthcare System has an extensive and clinically excellent ICU program, as well as potential rotations with nationwide experts in cardiology, transplant and ECMO. GSEP physicians staff the Methodist Children’s Hospital’s dedicated pediatric emergency department, with a yearly volume of nearly 65,000. Our residency program will provide a comprehensive learning experience that will prepare our graduates to excel in any emergency medicine environment.
Contact Us Today
Apply online and EMrecruits will be in contact to answer any questions and get you started.