StatCare - Medical Billing Specialist - Pulmonary Services
StatCare, one of the largest privately held Hospitalist and Pulmonary Services groups in the nation, is currently hiring well qualified Medical Billing Specialists to join our physician-owned group that currently serves multiple facilities in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Posts patient charges to the billing system, using appropriate codes (ICD-10/CPT.)
- Investigates action forms and formulates solutions.
- Assists in maintaining, updating and auditing the patient account information.
- Adjusts patient accounts according to established policies and procedures.
- Cross-trains other staff in job duties, charge entry functions, skills, and updates, as coordinated with the manager.
- Communicates appropriate problems, questions and/or concerns to manager.
- Updates patient account information continuously, so records reflect the most updated information possible.
- Attends training and other meetings as appropriate; keeps current on revisions related to insurance participation, registration, coding and computer skills.
- Obtains all required hospital patient information utilizing secure access to hospital patient records.
- Assists with obtaining authorization numbers from insurance companies and hospitals.
- Communicates with insurance companies, patients and physicians as necessary.
- Assists colleagues in department and other office personnel, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Skill in data entry, processing, and computer skills.
- Knowledge of basic spelling, grammar and punctuation to process patient information.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in medical billing (prefer experience with a hospital based physician practice).
Contact Us Today!
To submit your CV for this job, click the “Apply” button, or email your CV directly to [email protected].