Client Service Manager
The Client Service Manager is accountable for the client satisfaction, relationship and resources for aligned clients. A typical client alignment consists of a group of clients with various degrees of size and complexity. The Client Service Manager is accountable for all aspects of benefits administration delivery for their clients both internally and externally to clients. The Client Service Manager is responsible for the financial success of aligned clients in support of the Client Service Group financial goals. From a people management perspective, the Client Service Manager directly manages aligned Business Analysts. The Client Service Manager role requires a strong Project Management background.
Ongoing/Existing Client Responsibilities
• Builds and manages trusted client partnership; manages client satisfaction
• Creates and manages client Open Items List, Project Plan, Open Enrollment, and all other one-time projects
• Ensures the appropriate integration between the administrative and Shared Services teams (COBRA, FSA, Service Center)
• Ensures the quality delivery of all services as per the client’s Statement of Work
• Manages and is accountable for client Profit & Loss results
• Works with Director to ensure the accurate recognition and collection of Out of Scope revenue and upsell opportunities in support of meeting the Client Service Group’s revenue targets
• Manages client resource needs and escalates staffing shortages to the Director
• Directly manages aligned Business Analysts and is accountable for the performance, growth, and engagement of aligned resources
• Leverages aligned resources to generate results
• Holds aligned resources accountable for behaviors that support Empyrean’s policies and procedures
• Builds and manages trusted client partnership; manages clients satisfaction in conjunction with the implementation manager
• Creates and maintains client Project Plans, Open Items List, Status Calls and Correspondence for each implementation
• Manages and coordinates the Client Team Business Analyst resources aligned to an implementation project
• Responsible for ensuring that the testing of all new functionality, including creation of test plans, test population identification and execution of test plans are completed successfully by the aligned resource team
• Reviews and ensures that the client specific processing guides are available by the go live date
• Coordinate’s with the finance department on all financial set up and administration for the client
• Participates in Business Development Activities-including but not limited to client demos, site visits, and RFP information collection
• Participates in prospective employee interviews and to work closely with HR on recruiting efforts
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
• 2 -5 years project management experience managing multifaceted projects and teams, including on-site and virtual management.
• Previous benefits administration and client consulting experience • Proficient in coaching others
• Advanced knowledge of benefits business, including products and services, operations, and delivery.
• Knowledge of general system environment and process flow.
• Regulatory and legislative knowledge in aligned service area (Health & Welfare).
• Basic knowledge of overall financial management.
• Understanding of benefits outsourcing systems and application platform.
• Excellent knowledge of project management tools and techniques, following best practice to initiate, take responsibility for, and achieve defined project outcomes
• Able to effectively estimate, negotiate, acquire, and manage resources, including people and budgets
• Proven ability to establish the critical path in the most complex client situations and able to manage to it in order to meet deadlines
• Proactive in working and resolving conflicts among team members
• Able to influence others, individually and in group settings, in order to obtain client commitment and grow business opportunities
• Excellent customer focus/service orientation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Continuous improvement and team work mindset