Benefits Process Analyst I
The focus of the Benefits Process Analyst I is to ensure accurate and timely processing of benefit transactions in compliance with client processes. Through quality assurance, speed, and accuracy, the Health & Welfare Benefits Process Analyst 1 will ensure that ongoing client teams meet both internal and external Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) tied to assigned processes and procedures.
- Provides benefit processing support for the day to day service and administration of Health and Welfare plans using documented standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Works under generalized direction within established processes and practices to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Executes and tracks assigned client deliverables using processing guides according to the client specific processing calendar, and keeps process tracking tool up to date on a daily basis.
- Complete data entry changes for employees and their qualified dependents for benefit levels and/or plan selection as required based upon client specific SOP.
- Identify and escalate concerns to be analyzed and resolved to prevent reoccurring issues, improve quality, and reduce ongoing case volume
- Collaborate with and support team members in processing client related documents in a timely manner
- Ability to recognize the breakdown in the processing and escalate to the stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Maintain a basic understanding of Empyrean platform generated reports for assigned clients.
- Consistently enhances knowledge, skills, and abilities through training and coaching.
- Develop, review and maintain standard operating procedures for assigned clients on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate basic research into client processing issues under guidance and report findings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree a plus
- Previous experience in Benefits Administration, Health or Life insurance Customer Service, or Transactional Processing.
- Or, any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines in a team environment
- Work under supervision and/or guidance
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, writing and analytical skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential
- A drive to learn and become a subject matter expert
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to understand and follow instructions