The Assistant Controller is responsible for assisting the Sr. Director of Accounting in overseeing all accounting related functions. The person will assist in managing the day-to-day accounting operations, month end close, preparation of financial statements and other ad-hoc requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and assist with month end accounting close processes.
- Generate monthly financial statements (Trial Balance, Balance Sheet and Income Statement).
- Provide monthly variance commentaries.
- Drive process improvements to maximize efficiencies.
- Assist with the company’s annual audit.
- Review work product and GL entries of staff.
- Act as the final point of escalation for Accounts Payables.
- Ensure that financial controls and workflows are maintained & up to date.
- Ensure Balance Sheet account reconciliations are done monthly & reviewed quarterly.
- Assist in research of new GAAP standards.
- Assist in the implementation of new software platforms.
- Assist with related special projects, as required.
- Manage and mentor direct report(s).
- Other duties as defined.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Dynamics GP.
- Excellent comprehension, time management and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in reference to routine reports and correspondence within the organization.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA preferred but not required
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, Eight years of related experience, with 2 years as a supervisor preferred.
- Prior audit experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
Disclaimer: Managers have the right to assign or redesign the responsibilities of the above mentioned job description without notice and at any time