Lead Product Designer
The Lead Product Designer is responsible for leading and managing the design of a core product line, collaborating with cross functional teams (Product, Technology, Research), and ensuring the quality and consistency of the overall product design to create world-class experiences for our users. The Lead Product Designer has a deep understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent leadership and communication skills, and the ability to mentor and coach others in the organization about design. Additionally, this role will leverage research and direct interactions with our clients to actively contribute to our strategic roadmap across the product portfolio.
- Provide strategic design direction and thought leadership across multiple product teams
- Lead and manage the design of a core product line, ensuring it aligns with the company's strategic goals, business objectives and vision
- Collaborate with product management, executives, and stakeholders to drive the strategic product roadmap and long-term vision, ensuring that we are focused on the most important problems to solve for our business and for our users
- Champion and nurture a strong design culture within the company, advocating for user-centered design principles and design thinking methodologies
- Be a key stakeholder and contributor to eMoney’s design standards and governance model
- Educate other designers within the organization, providing guidance on design best practices and career development
- Create high-fidelity wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs that solve user problems and align with the company's brand guidelines and design standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, developers, and other designers, to ensure the designs are implemented accurately and effectively
- Stay up to date with emerging design trends and technologies to improve the design process and product quality
- Drive innovation and push boundaries in product design by exploring new technologies and design trends and how they can thoughtfully be applied to our objectives
- Conduct user research and create artifacts (user personas and user flows) to inform product design decisions and clearly articulate areas of opportunity to improve
- Strong ability to speak about our current and future products through the lens of benefits and value that they deliver to our customers
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field a plus
- 10+ years of experience in product design or related roles
- Demonstrated expertise in solving complex design problems and delivering impactful design solutions
- Experience leading design teams and providing mentorship and guidance to other designers
- Experience in financial services is a plus
- Strong understanding of design systems, information architecture, and interaction design principles
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to influence stakeholders and drive design initiatives
- Excellent ability to quickly synthesize ideas and rapidly prototype them
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution with the ability to understand business goals and user needs and align design solutions with both.
- Strong persuasive storytelling and reasoning skills to humanize complex concepts to build understanding and alignment
- Expert level skills in Figma, Adobe Suite and other modern design tools
- Strong understanding of fundamental business concepts related to how our SaaS business functions and how our clients operate
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills, including ability to create and run group workshops
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong empathy for our users, understanding their needs, motivations, and pain points to design solutions that are intuitive and effective.
The salary range for this position is $129,000 - $164,000; commensurate salary to be determined based on skills, professional background and expertise. This position is also eligible, pursuant to applicable eMoney policies, for the annual bonus program, retirement contributions, health insurance, sick leave, parental leave and paid time off.
At eMoney Advisor, our mission is to help people talk about money. Founded in 2000, it’s the only wealth management system that offers transparency, security, mobile access, and superior organization. Our award-winning, web-based services and resources are designed to amplify advisors' value to their clients. Today, we serve more than 100,000 financial professionals and support over 5 million end clients.
At eMoney, we create and nurture a culture that values diversity and inclusion, which enables our employees to thrive and do their best work. Different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds inspire a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results.
eMoney is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.