Retention and Collections Specialist - Contract
The Retention and Collections Specialist is responsible for achieving client retention goals by assessing the churn risk of current clients and developing strategies to combat those risks. They will provide expertise, guidance, and resources directly to at-risk clients and will support the Business Development Organization by collaborating on solutions to better the client experience. Applicant should have the ability to probe and identify the root cause of client concerns, so immediate resolutions can be provided allowing for retention.
Additionally, the position is responsible for ensuring that the company receives all necessary payments from clients. Duties include monitoring accounts receivable reports/statements to identify balances owed to the company, contacting customers or business partners to notify them of overdue payments to resolve payment, documenting debts collected, and working with AR/Order Ops Director on any bad debt expenses that may occur.
- Collaborate with internal data teams to understand customers churn risk as well as broader customer behavior analysis
- Evaluate and categorize customers into various risk categories by leveraging multiple data sets
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of the eMoney product suite and roadmap
- Report accurately on calls inbound / outbound, follow up and log details into Salesforce CRM
- Develop valuable rapport with clients, provide analysis and recommendations on eMoney services to improve overall adoption and satisfaction
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service through phone, email and VC support
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and maintain up-to-date documentation of all client activities
- Problem solving is a must as you identify the root cause of customer issues, pinpoint strategies to eliminate those causes, and work with clients to implement feasible solutions
- Have an extremely high level of ownership and responsibility; represent the client internally
- Collaborate and offer insight to customer retention campaigns by recognizing risk triggers based on customer behavior
- Analyze customer feedback to provide cross functional guidance toward improved client experience and deeper client engagement
- Process various license drops, as required
- Monitor and manage the firm’s accounts receivable portfolio and identify overdue accounts that require escalation (includes suspension, churn, etc.).
- Contact customers with overdue accounts and attempt to either collect the overdue amount or negotiate a payment plan to collect it in installments.
- Use credit bureau data, post office information, internet searches and other tools to try to locate customers who have moved or changed phone numbers.
- Maintain records of contacts and attempted contacts with delinquent account customers as well as records of any payments collected from the customer.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints concerning billing.
- Submit regular reports on the status of unpaid accounts and any repayment progress to finance leadership.
- Maintain records of customers, payments and credit card information
- Interact with customers via email and/or telephone regarding billing and credit card issues
- Invoice contract fees to customers
- Electronically charge contract fees to customer's credit cards
- Process account cancellations
- Follow up with customers by email and/or telephone to collect declined credit card charges
- Assist other departments with other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4+ years of customer service experience in a fast paced, client focused environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Zuora experience is a plus
- Self-starter: must be proactive in research, fact gathering, and fact checking
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Proven ability to successfully build and manage relationships with demanding and complex key business contacts
- Proven ability to be successful with clients and prospects in face-to-face meetings, phone-based relationships and via email
- Strong communicator with outgoing approach to proactively create client interactions
- Strong multi-tasking, project management and organizational skills with ability manage and follow a business plan
The salary range for this position is $26.92 - $35.57 per hour; commensurate salary to be determined based on skills, professional background and expertise.
At eMoney Advisor, our mission is to help people talk about money. Founded in 2000, it’s the only wealth management system that offers transparency, security, mobile access, and superior organization. Our award-winning, web-based services and resources are designed to amplify advisors' value to their clients. Today, we serve more than 100,000 financial professionals and support over 5 million end clients.
At eMoney, we create and nurture a culture that values diversity and inclusion, which enables our employees to thrive and do their best work. Different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds inspire a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results.
eMoney is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.