Do you thrive on autonomy and pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish? Do you like to experiment with new ways to solve complex problems? At Elastic Path we encourage a culture of invention, empower our people to Be Remarkable and operate in a real-time learning environment.
Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world’s most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company’s flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world’s biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.
A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
What to expect as Elastic Path’s Senior Software Engineer?
Elastic Path is taking its next-generation, headless e-commerce services to the next level and it requires passionate and creative product-centric engineers to lead the charge.
We’re looking for someone who can design and implement complex e-commerce features in our core Product. You’ll work as part of a development squad and will own your work throughout the development lifecycle where you’ll strive for continuous improvement.
Some of our technical stack highlights include Go, Java, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Postgres, SQS/SNS, RabbitMQ, AWS Lambda and more.
Our build, deployment and testing processes feature: GitHub, DataDog, automated functional and performance testing as well as continuous delivery and deployment plus a variety of AWS services.
This role is perfect for you if:
- You are smart, very talented and like working with smart and talented people. You are patient and forgiving to those who aren’t as talented as you. You have a sense of humour.
- You’re T-shaped - having a broad range of technology knowledge and interests with greater depth in some areas.
- You can make the complex simple – writing quality code always with readability in mind.
- You strive to understand the context and improve rather than just criticize code written by other people.
- You enjoy helping other engineers across the organisation.
- You embrace new challenges and see them as a way to grow and learn, obstacles are fun.
- You can lead, you can follow but you are best as part of a team.
- You are ambitious, you desire to grow and crave feedback to help you.
- You always make a positive difference to the teams and products you work on.
- You have experience or an interest in developing services in Go programming language.
- 2-3 years developing large-scale software products – locally deployed/SaaS/PaaS
- Working with a variety of languages especially statically typed back end languages e.g. Go, Java
- Server-side development and a RESTful API layer
- Experience of the full development lifecycle
- Understanding of design and best practices for micro-services and distributed systems
- Experience with Go (Programming Language)
- API design and development
- E-commerce background
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Infrastructure as code
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits and have a menu of offerings that are highly competitive wherever you may be located
An Exciting Future
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.