Senior Java Developer (Performance Optimizations) - Remote
What to expect as a Senior Java Developer - Performance at Elastic Path?
Elastic Path is taking e-commerce services to the next level, and it requires passionate and creative product-centric engineers to support this effort. We encourage a culture of invention, empower our people to be remarkable, and operate in a real-time learning environment.
You’ll work as part of the Product team responsible for enhancing and supporting our enterprise e-commerce product and will own your work throughout the development lifecycle. You’ll thrive on autonomy as well as pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish. You’ll enjoy experimenting with new ways to solve complex problems.
We are looking for someone with strong enterprise-level Java experience, with an interest in diving deeply into database and performance-related challenges. Experience with performance analysis and tooling is a bonus, but not required. We will help you to fill in the gaps. Ability to come up with non-conventional solutions to difficult problems is a must.
Some of our technical stack highlights include Java, JPA, Spring Framework, Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, and Apache SOLR but we value experience and enthusiasm for learning more than detailed knowledge of specific technologies.
Location: This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States. Elastic Path is currently operating with a work from home model.
What can you expect from working on the Elastic Path Commerce Product Team?
- Work on the leading adaptable, enterprise-level, API-driven Commerce Engine
- Help world-class clients like Tesla, Intuit, Pokemon, T-Mobile, and Comcast solve challenging performance issues.
- Be part of a close-knit team that pushes the boundaries of Java-based development.
- Learn some new stuff, apply it to your work to solve interesting problems, repeat.
- Mentor others and be mentored, grow your capabilities in a supportive environment.
- Work with smart, capable people who share common goals, be part of a great team.
- Stretch, fail, stretch, succeed… it’s all good!
- Enjoy what you do, every day.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise software products.
- Razor sharp Java skills.
- Dependency injection and Inversion of Control.
- Ability to implement code that is both thread-safe and able to handle extremely high volumes.
- Very strong debugging skills. Experience with Java debugging and memory analysis tools such as VisualVM or similar.
- Memory analysis tools such as Eclipse Memory Analyzer Tool or similar.
- Implementing and debugging caching frameworks such as Ehcache.
- Comfortable presenting solutions both internally and to customers.
- Can-do attitude.
Bonus Points for:
- Ecommerce background.
- Cloud-deployment experience such as AWS.
- Performance analysis and investigation.
- Load generator tools such as JMeter.
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world’s leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pokemon, T-Mobile, and Comcast, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page.
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted – however they choose to identify.