Senior Technical Writer - Remote
What to expect as the Senior Technical Writer at Elastic Path:
We’ve got grand plans and want you to be part of it. We are looking for an exceptional Senior Technical Writer to help us build a reputation for world-class documentation and collateral. As part of the Enablement team, you will be working closely with Product Development, Product Management, and Education teams, with your focus being on the development of documentation content. We need to deliver traditional product documentation but also want to bring documentation into the modern world. You will deliver content in various mediums for various user audiences, such as developers and architects. We are looking for those with unwavering attention to detail combined with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Location: We are looking for a candidate to be located within Canada, United States or the United Kingdom. As such, we have three postings - but only one open position. This position will be remote from wherever you are located. Elastic Path is currently operating with a work from home model.
- Work with Product Management to clarify documentation needs, requirements and assignments.
- Participate in Product Development planning sessions to scope out documentation specifications for stories within the current sprint.
- Conduct interviews with developers to gather data for documentation.
- Plan, write and edit documentation for various user audiences such as API documentation, development and deployment guides, business user how-to instructions.
- Perform copy editing, technical editing, and proofreading services on a variety of internal and external documents, reviewing for style, grammar, syntax, and organization/consistency of content.
- Publish documentation in line with feature release according to the release cycle (SaaS continuous vs private cloud quarterly).
- As part of the enablement team, work with education to develop and release complimentary content for various mediums and formats.
- Understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Writing, or related field
- 5-7 years professional experience in technical communications
- Advanced knowledge of desktop publishing software as well as web authoring, presentation and graphics software
- Experience working with the following technologies: GitLab, Markdown, Docusaurus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Manual of Style
- Working in an agile development environment an asset
- Handling multiple projects concurrently and as an individual contributor and the ability to work under tight deadlines
Bonus Points for:
- Hands-on experience working with Postman and Open API
- Project management skills
- Experience in the e-commerce industry
Who we are:
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world’s leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page.
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted – however they choose to identify.