Business Analyst - Remote
What to expect as a Business Analyst at Elastic Path.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our professional services group. This position will be the liaison with our Professional Services team and our clients throughout the project life cycle. We’ll train you up on our commerce product offerings, ensuring you have all you need to supplement your existing business analysis skill set with a solid understating of the functionality delivered by our products, thereby equipping you to start your journey as a Business Analyst with us. This role helps to ensure a proper understanding of our clients needs in order to help deliver solutions of the highest possible business value to them. The Business Analyst may also be involved in working with our Delivery Managers and core development team to develop and improve new features.
Location: This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the Canada. Elastic Path is currently operating with a work from home model.
What impact will you have?
- Assist with the transition of projects from Sales to Professional Services beginning at the discovery phase all the way through implementation
- Build and maintain strong client and partner relationships
- Elicit, investigate and document the client’s business requirements (either directly or working with our partners)
- Create appropriate requirements specification documentation as required to support the Agile development processes (again, either directly or working with our partners)
- Provide ecommerce, deep functional and technical application expertise to our clients and partners
- Enable our customers and partners by being the go-to person from the functional perspective
- Proactively seek and identify new opportunities where Elastic Path can offer additional services and potentially support the Sales team in closing target clients
- Work as part of a team to define gap analysis and estimates
- Work with software delivery team (QA, architects and developers) to complete implementation of requirements.
- Coordinate business user feedback on a per iteration basis
- You strive to understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks
Working at Elastic Path can provide you with an opportunity to see some great parts of the world! Our Business Analyst can travel up to 50% of the time and we want to be sure you more than comfortable with that, heck, we bet it even excites you…
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- 3 years’ experience as a full-time functional specialist or business analyst in a consulting or software product environment
- 5 plus years’ experience in technology
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Technical or related discipline
- Experience of the full software development life cycle, using agile methodologies
- Experience eliciting and capturing business requirements using Use Cases/User Stories
- Skilled at delivering solutions involving enterprise application integrations
- Strong technical, interpretive/investigative, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands and priorities simultaneously
Bonus Points for:
- Ecommerce experience
- Knowledge of product development and user interface design
- Best practices knowledge in digital operations, manufacturing industries, gaming, telcos, marketing, fulfillment, media or analytics would be beneficial
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world’s leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page.
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted – however they choose to identify.