IT Support Engineer
What to expect as an IT Support Technician at Elastic Path?
Elastic Path is a growing company with an expanding IT team. As a business partner, IT delivers agile technology solutions to all our internal customers. We are focused on proactive problem solving and take a collaborative implementation approach. As a part of a motivated and ambitious IT team, the IT Support Technician will help bring structure and balance to Elastic Path’s IT operations. We run a 100% cloud IT environment and always work hard to stay as nimble as the technology we use and are always looking for ways to improve and deliver the most value to the business. This is a key role with an opportunity to be an important partner and contributor to IT’s growth.
Reporting to the Director, IT & Security, you’ll serve as the first point of contact for IT service requests and will deliver quality support, while bringing your enthusiasm and experience to the team. We are looking for someone who thinks quickly on their feet, loves to be a part of the action, always challenges what is “good enough”, leads with empathy, and is highly self-motivated and always learning.
The IT Support Technician is a hybrid position. You will have the flexibility to work remotely, however there will be in-office responsibilities. Thus, we are looking for a candidate who is located in Vancouver, BC or the surrounding areas, that can easily access and be available to work from our Vancouver office when required.
- Triage, prioritize, and respond to IT service requests via Zendesk
- Provide support for desktop environment (Windows, Mac & Linux), plus software and connectivity
- Provision new desktops and mobile devices
- Server administration within AWS, as needed
- Management of lifecycle of user accounts (AD/Okta)
- Create and maintain end-user and internal IT documentation
- Set up IT equipment for meetings when assistance is requested
- Ensure that we meet or exceed the needs of our internal customers.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- 2+ years desktop support experience – Windows, Mac and Linux OS’
- 1+ years server experience
- Experience with Okta, MDM solutions, and ticketing platforms such as Zendesk
- The ability to demonstrate a strong customer and team focus
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Independent and pro-active approach to problem solving
- Strong interest in automation and continual service improvement
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical major, or technical certifications.
Bonus Points for:
- AWS experience
Who we are:
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world’s leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page.
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted – however they choose to identify.