Software Engineer, Backend
Ekata (formerly Whitepages Pro) provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to work in our Budapest office, who thrives on designing, coding and maintaining high performance data processing applications on the JVM platform (primarily in Clojure). Our ideal candidate would have deep experience building internal and external APIs with the most fitting tools and the passion to champion new and exciting technologies to solve Ekata's unique and challenging problems.
Your ideal job should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn are valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
You must have...
- A passion for building scalable web services;
- Proven experience building highly scalable and available production web services starting from the data storage layer;
- A desire to own design and architecture end to end;
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement;
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills;
You must be...
- Extremely knowledgeable of data storage and processing systems and web service APIs;
- Proficient in functional programming;
- Fluent in one or more high level languages like Clojure, Java, Scala, C#, etc.;
- Deeply versed in internet protocols and standards;
- Knowledgeable of scaling techniques (caching, message queues, eventual consistency, etc.).
Extra points if you...
- Have experience building complex data processing solutions;
- Have experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Have deployed services to the cloud (especially AWS);
- Have deployed docker based services;
- Have extensive experience with *nix;
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.