Software Engineering Manager - Big Data
Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the technical team of engineers and overseeing architecture direction and development for new and existing products. In this role you will work together with project management and product owners to meet time/cost objectives, counsel and mentor team members, and conduct performance evaluations and career planning. A successful Engineering Manager will also analyze and refine best practices and processes to ensure the team produces documented, high-quality, stable and high-performance applications for Ekata.
Your ideal job should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn are valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
In the Software Engineering Manager role you will:
- Lead, coach and further develop a team of engineers through regular 1:1s, feedback sessions, and performance reviews
- Partner with Product to establish project objectives, estimates, and schedules
- Ensure team understands and meets business project objectives and requirements
- Ensure the development and maintenance of team standards and procedures that result in an environment compliant with company policies
- Drive recruiting, interviewing candidates
- Support the growth and learning of team members, through mentorship and supporting professional learning opportunities
- Grow as a manager via mentoring and training, and give and receive quarterly evaluations
Our ideal Software Engineering Manager will have:
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- BS or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Proven success leading teams of developers with 3+ years of experience
- Ability to take ownership of a product, service or major feature or component and be responsible for its success
- Experience in different development methodologies, especially in Scrum and Kanban
- Good interpersonal skills, open and honest communication
- Understanding of OO design, functional programming, languages, algorithms, data structures, networking, database design & optimization
- Good experience in more areas of relevant expertise: SaaS, AWS, distributed computing, big data or machine learning projects and solutions
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary, Amsterdam, and in Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata visit: https://ekata.com/careers/
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.