Software Engineer, Backend
Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work in our Seattle office, who thrives on designing, coding and maintaining high performance data processing applications on the JVM platform (primarily in Clojure), running on AWS. Our ideal candidate would have experience building internal and external APIs with the most fitting tools and the passion to champion new and develop technologies to solve Ekata's unique and challenging problems.
Your ideal job should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn is valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
In the Software Engineer role you will:
- Build scalable web services
- Write performant code and write automated test to validate correctness of code
- Deploy large-scale web applications
- Meet development milestones and business requirements on schedule
- Independently analyze, propose and develop solutions for technical problems and issues
- Ensure the adherence to the standards and procedures that result in an environment compliant with information security policy
Our ideal Software Engineer will have:
- Knowledge of data storage and processing systems and web service APIs
- Experience in functional programming
- Knowledge of scaling techniques (caching, message queues, eventual consistency, etc.)
- BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent
- 1+ years experience in software development
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Ability to write clean code that works, is readable, maintainable and follows best practices and coding standards, on schedule
- Understanding of OO and functional design, languages, algorithms, data structures, networking, database design and optimization
- Expertise in one or more relevant areas: search engine design, people search, distributed computing, database optimization, high volume, caching, messaging, etc. preferred
- Experience building highly scalable and available production web services
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement
- A desire to own design and architecture end to end
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide a learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and in Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata visit: https://ekata.com/careers/
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.