Software Engineer, Backend
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to be part of our fast-growing engineering team and help expand our cutting-edge platform. Responsibilities include understanding requirements, design, implementation, code reviews, writing effective tests, deployment, and monitoring. You will develop and maintain efficient, high-quality software while meeting coding, security, and technical standards.
Your ideal job should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn is valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
In the Backend Engineer role you will:
- Write performant, quality code and tests, and deliver on time.
- Understand proposed designs, seek a deeper understanding, and implement per requirements.
- Occasionally seek guidance.
- Complete development tasks on schedule, with high quality and minimal post-launch issues.
- Actively seek better understanding of system design, and apply to solutions. Actively observe, learn, and grow. Solutions may need refinement.
- Communicate closely and effectively with stakeholders and peers to establish requirements, share project status, and deal with unexpected issues.
- Uphold technical and security standards, and consistently apply best practices.
- Support and enhance existing systems and platforms.
- Maintain a sufficiently generic yet simple and economical solution. Improve operational metrics, test coverage.
- Participate in code reviews and follow best practices for clean code and architecture.
Our ideal Backend Engineer will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Understanding of full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of data storage and processing systems and web service APIs
- Strong data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clean, readable, and maintainable code that follows best practices
- Understanding of testing methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata visit: https://ekata.com/careers/
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal opportunity employer.