Lead Software Development Engineer, Fullstack
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk & cyber security needs of all of MasterCard’s various customer segments. The C&I team was established with the responsibility to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in payments and have made great strides with new products, services and standards, positively impacting all aspects of our current and future payment eco-system.
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer in Seattle that thrives on designing, coding, and maintaining web applications written in Ruby and React. Our ideal candidate would have the skills and desire to understand our entire stack, from Postgres to Redis to Rails, and the passion to champion new and exciting technologies to solve Ekata's unique and challenging problems.
Your ideal job should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn is valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
In this role You will:
- Build complex web applications in a web framework (Ruby on Rails and React)
- Design features where the business problem is defined but technical strategy is not
- Follow and create best practices for clean code and architecture
- Deploy and operate apps in the cloud (Amazon, Rackspace, Heroku, etc.)
- Ensure code follows the design and insist on the highest coding standards
- Maintain sufficiently generic yet simple and economical solution
- Provide mentorship across teams and help to hire and grow the best
All About You:
- Knowledge of REST, GraphQL, SSO, and client/server interaction
- Deep understanding of internet protocols and standards
- Proficiency with writing and optimizing cross-browser CSS and HTML
- Knowledgeable of scaling techniques (caching, asynchronous/background job queues, etc.).
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, and browser plugin development
- Aptitude to quickly learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Proven experience building highly scalable and available production web apps, from glass to the database
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.