Senior IT Engineer
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
As a Senior IT Engineer for our global IT team, you will be responsible for network management of an existing Juniper WAN environment that may transition to another vendor in the future. You will be responsible for the management and administration of existing SaaS products, including O365, Okta, Jamf, Mimecast email security and many others as well as the physical infrastructure where it still exists within the organization. As the senior technical contact, you will engage with corporate technical teams, internal customers, and colleagues to work towards a successful integration with Mastercard’s infrastructure and suite of products, softwares, services, guidelines, and requirements. Your role will be a critical part of our global IT team and must be technically capable in multiple cloud platforms including AWS and Microsoft Azure. You will also collect evidence for audit or forensic purposes and have strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills, a willingness to support end users at all levels of IT’s service catalog. Some domestic and international travel may be required. This is a dynamic role that will require navigating ambiguities, and a willingness to implement new systems, policies, and procedures under the direction of the Global IT Manager.
As a Sr. IT Engineer, you will:
- Administer, manage, or implement Microsoft O365, Azure services, and AWS instances and infrastructure.
- Configure and manage switches, routers, firewalls, and other network equipment as required, both physical and virtual, across multiple platforms such as on premise vmware and cloud based services such as AWS.
- Troubleshoot tier II and III technical issues for internal customers at all levels of the organization, as well as act as an escalation point for junior staff.
- Perform infrastructure maintenance, including patching, configuration management, and upgrades while also enhancing management capabilities, procedures, practices, and polices.
- Create and maintain high-quality systems and application configuration documentation; including network diagrams, procedures, and technical guides, as well as knowledge base articles geared toward end user support and self-service.
- Research and evaluate solutions for corporate IT including translation of corporate policies and directives into actionable project plans and design documents.
- Provide excellent customer service to users at all levels of the organization, and collaborate effectively with internally facing teams that interact daily with IT staff.
- Successfully work within a structured framework to support change management, issue tracking, policy adherence, and compliance.
- Be willing to take on additional responsibilities, learn quickly, and solve business problems as part of a global team.
- Will be escalation point for technical issues, must be willing to mentor and collaborate with junior staff.
Our ideal Sr. IT Engineer will have:
- 5+ years of supporting corporate IT environments and working with Windows Server and Active Directory.
- 4+ years network management and configuration experience in a Cisco or Juniper environment is required.
- 3+ years of both AWS and Microsoft O365/Azure experience preferred with specific experience working with IAM, VPC, EC2, and S3.
- 3+ years of Powershell, Python or Bash scripting experience.
- 2 + years configuring and managing SSO using SAML with SaaS products is required.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- In depth knowledge of and experience managing public and private DNS, DHCP, BGP.
- Relevant experience on both Windows and MacOs, including provisioning and mobile management.
- A strong understanding and background managing, creating, or implementing disaster recovery solutions including simple backup to enterprise-wide disaster recovery planning and testing for business continuity.
- Proven record prioritizing, owning, and being accountable for professional quality work is critical.
- A willingness to work off hours when necessary, or in emergencies is required.
- Experience using micro services, and API’s preferred.
- Exposure and familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Technical certifications in AWS, Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper, vmware, is highly desired.
- Mobile device management for both Windows and Apple devices.
- AV experience as it relates to video conferencing, both traditional and hybrid.
- Previous experience working as Tier 1 technical support, or other demanding customer service function is highly desired.
This position is located at our headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.