Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
As a Data Scientist, you will be located in our Budapest office and will be responsible for exploratory data analysis, building machine learning models, and support data-driven decision making. Your work will be high impact, strategic and innovative. The work is inherently challenging – we are looking for an entrepreneurial person who can ask the right questions, come up with the best analytical approaches, collaborate with engineers, product managers, and other teams, work fast and iterate to solve problems. This is an amazing opportunity to directly contribute to new products, innovate and solve real customer problems.
In the Data Scientist role you will:
- Work with large, complex data sets
- Ask good questions – how do you formulate the right hypothesis, design the right experiment, run the right test?
- Interpret results and communicate them effectively – what did you discover, and what should we do next?
- Implement at scale -- assemble the data required to perform any research or analyses, and work with engineers to put your insights into the production
- Solve tough problems, understand customer needs, and iterate at a rapid pace
Our ideal Data Scientist will have:
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- A degree in statistics or related field: mathematics, economics, computer science, information management, etc. from a top university, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience developing machine learning models in a business context, or at least 3 years of relevant academic experience
- Deep understanding of machine learning and modeling concepts
- Programming skills with Python, R or Scala, or relevant programming language, as well as experience querying and working with large data sets
- Proven ability to work independently and from concept to execution
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts and results to a non-technical audience
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for anyone who wants to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.