Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
Ekata uses modern Agile Methods in the planning and development of products, including Scrum and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for managing the Scrum processes for one or more technology teams to ensure that we continue to deliver on our commitments while maintaining our standards for high quality. Additionally, you will help teams elevate their Agile practices and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
As a Scrum Master you will:
● “Own” the Scrum process for your team(s)
● Understand the Scrum team’s dynamics and the unique skill set of each team member
● Own and enforce the Scrum team’s processes, including the Working Agreement, Definition of Done, facilitating and driving the Scrum ceremonies, monitoring the Sprint progress and Burndown Chart, facilitating removal of impediments, and helping the team stay focused on the highest priority work
● Help the Product Manager/Product Owner maintain the product backlog to ensure that needed work is well understood so the team can continually make progress.
● Work closely with the Product Manager/Product Owner to ensure timely prioritization of the Product Backlog, timely Backlog Refinement, and that User Stories are written following best practices.
● Protect the team from over-committing to work, internal and external randomization, and infighting
● Help the team to size work and commit to it confidently.
● Coach the team, within the Scrum principles, to deliver high-quality features for its product(s)
● Educate key stakeholders and the rest of the organization on Scrum and Agile principles
● Help the Scrum team avoid or remove impediments to its progress, whether internal or external to the team
● Promote self-organization and cross-functionality within the team
Our ideal Scrum Master will have:
● 3-5 years of experience as a Scrum Master using Agile techniques for a technology company
● Experience working with SaaS services, working with both engineers and product managers/product owners
● Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the Scrum process - can recognize when an aspect of formal Scrum may not be appropriate for a team, and provide alternatives
● Ability to analyze and think quickly, and to resolve conflicts
● Exhibit an advanced level of emotional intelligence and have a history of helping teams deliver high-value work
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to quickly understand technical work to help size and unblock Scrum teams
● Problem solver and ability to work around obstacles to achieve goals
● Must have a collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results
● While not required, a Scrum Master Certification is a bonus
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and in Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata visit: https://ekata.com/careers/
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.
This position is located at our office in Budapest, Hungary.