Director of Market Strategy, Payments & eCommerce
We are looking for a leader to drive the long-term vision & strategy for Ekata’s continued global expansion within the eCommerce & Marketplaces industries. As Ekata is well established in the North American eCommerce industry, with a proven product market fit, we will be looking for this role to help us expand our eCommerce presence globally, as well as identify new channels through which to gain market share.
As an eCommerce subject matter expert, this role will be a key partner to our Sales, Product and Marketing departments, providing insights on competitors, distribution channels and market sizing. Additionally, this role will regularly interact with Ekata customers and prospects, both as an executive sponsor on sales & partnership opportunities and in speaking & media engagements.
To accomplish these things, we are looking for someone who deeply understands the eCommerce & Marketplace industries as a whole and will be influential in growing and expanding our footprint globally. The top Ekata Operating Principle that this role will need to embody is “Bring a Point of View”. Through analysis, market touchpoints and collaborating cross-functionally, this role will be the key influencer in defining Ekata’s strategy for growth within these key market segments.
In this role the Director of Market Strategy, eCommerce & Marketplaces will strive to achieve the following:
- Subject Matter Expert on the eCommerce & Marketplaces industries: Develop & maintain a strong understanding of key trends within the North American, European & Asia Pacific eCommerce industries, focusing on understanding customer problems & potential solutions, enabling our go-to-market teams to leverage this knowledge for more effective sales & marketing efforts.
- Long-term Vision for Ekata’s Global Growth in the eCommerce & Marketplaces industries: Working with key stakeholders, create the vision for what Ekata’s opportunities are in this industry and maintain a consistent pulse to ensure we are operating towards the right strategic objectives.
- Assess the Competitive Landscape: Regularly analyze Ekata’s competitors, current & emerging, so that we can consistently assess how we compare and how we should continue to out-innovate & out-execute in the market.
- Identify Untapped Growth Opportunities for Ekata: Always be looking for additional ways for Ekata to gain market share, whether that be through new use cases, new distribution channels or other forms of growth.
- Market Sizing: Be the go-to resource for assessing the market size & potential revenue for Ekata in the eCommerce & Marketplaces industries. Develop & maintain a perspective on Ekata’s Total Addressable Market for the sub-segments of the industry that are relevant to Ekata.
- Global Collaboration: Partner with our market facing teams across global boundaries, enabling sharing of insights across geographies and assisting teams across all regions to be successful. Leveraging our global position is key to our success.
- Executive Sponsorship: Act as an executive sponsor with key customers & prospects to build executive buy-in, helping our Sales team’s efforts in closing deals.
- Be a public facing thought leadership voice for Ekata in this industry: Frequently participate in speaking engagements at trade shows & webinars, through media publications, and other means to drive Ekata’s brand awareness in the market.
The ideal Segment Lead will have:
- 10+ years of relevant management and leadership experience in B2B enterprise, Software as a Service / cloud-based products or professional services
- Has strategic, analytic and problem solving skills, and is capable of clearly communicating a long-term vision across the company and clients.
- Deeply integrated into the eCommerce industry and stays current on recent trends such as the expansion of point of sale lending, or open banking regulations enabling the growth of challenger banks
- Strategic thinker and experienced operator with a proven ability to both identify opportunities in the industry and drive action to pursue those opportunities
- An influential leader who builds trust with peers and superiors, can effectively sell new ideas in the face of opposition, and develops highly collaborative relationships
- Experience collaborating with a global team is a requirement; experience leading a global team is preferred.
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Engineering