Director, APAC Sales
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
As the Director, APAC Sales, you will be solving unique business challenges in the identity and risk space for some of the most exciting technology companies across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. Ekata was purchased by Mastercard in June of 2021 and will be leveraging Mastercard relationships to increase sales in APAC and globally. Joining the Ekata APAC team based in Singapore, this individual will lead the direct sales team composed of enterprise and mid-market account executives. The Director, APAC Sales will have management responsibilities that span Southeast (SE) Asia, Australia, and China. This role will have high growth potential in establishing Ekata as the standard in digital identity verification in the APAC region.
- Shape and develop the GTM sales plan for Ekata’s business in SE Asia, Australia, and China
- Plan for future growth in other key markets like Korea, India and Japan
- Coordinate with Ekata’s Mastercard go-to-market team to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of referrals to Ekata’s APAC sales team.
- Hire, onboard, train, and certify a world-class sales team of account executives in the APAC region
- Grow, manage, and report on sales pipeline in APAC region
- Acquire new customers and identify upsell opportunities for sales team
- Serve as an executive sponsor in key accounts to solidify business relationships and opportunities
- Negotiate commercial terms with contacts up to the C-level
- Meet and exceed aggressive sales goals and quotas
- Provide thought leadership in the form of whitepapers, blog posts, articles, or webinars
- Gather and synthesize APAC market intelligence and product feedback for HQ leadership and product teams
- Support the VP & GM, APAC with a limited list of administrative, operational, and organizational development duties
- Represent Ekata at conferences and industry events in APAC
- Work cross-functionally with business development, partnerships, marketing, account services, legal, and field data science (pre-sales) teams to drive forward revenue-generating initiatives
- Provide support to Business Development Representatives in the Singapore office (who directly report to HQ).
Technical knowledge, skills, education, and experience
- 10+ years of successful outside sales experience required
- 3+ years of people management experience required
- Regional sales experience in SE Asia, Australia, and China preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, with the ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment.
- Able to work independently with remote management
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience required; MBA preferred
- Proven track record of selling software, SaaS, or technology solutions (ideally risk, fraud, security, or identity services) into enterprise organizations
- Ability to frequently travel to key markets in SE Asia, Australia, and China
- Proficiency in at least one other language besides English: Mandarin, Malay, Bahasa, or Thai are desirable
- Note: This role is based in Singapore and reports directly to the SVP, Global Head of Sales & Partnerships (based in Seattle).
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.