Full Stack Engineer
Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
Our foundation is data at a massive scale. As a leader in identity data, Ekata developed our own fully-integrated, high-availability Identity Graph database which houses more than 5 billion global identity records. These records have been curated and corroborated from hundreds of different sources to deliver unparalleled coverage, accuracy, and performance in identity verification. Businesses of all sizes including Booking.com, Expedia, Microsoft, Western Union, and Under Armour use Ekata data to mitigate risk and improve the customer experience.
We are looking for a Full Stack engineer in Budapest that thrives on designing, coding and maintaining web applications written in Ruby and Clojure. Our ideal candidate would have the skills and desire to understand our entire stack, from Postgres to Solr to Rails and the passion to champion new and exciting technologies to solve Ekata' unique and challenging problems.
Your ideal job should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn is valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
In the Full Stack Engineer role you will:
- Build complex web applications in a web framework (Ruby on Rails and React)
- Follow and create best practices for clean code and architecture
- Deploy apps to the cloud (Amazon, Rackspace, Heroku, etc.)
- Mentor and develop team mates, lead by example on best practices, design and code reviews
- Ensure code follows the design and insist on the highest coding standards
- Maintain sufficiently generic yet simple and economical solution
- Manage a sense of urgency and risks on project timelines and propose creative strategies for delivering constant business value
Our ideal Full Stack Engineer will have:
- Deep understanding of internet protocols and standards
- Proficiency with writing and optimizing cross-browser CSS and HTML
- Knowledgeable of scaling techniques (caching, asynchronous/background job queues, etc.).
- Proven experience building highly scalable and available production web apps, from glass to the database
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and spoken English and Hungarian skills
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide a learning & development opportunities for each employee. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and soon in Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata visit: https://ekata.com/careers/
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.