Manager, Specialist Sales
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
The Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk & cyber security needs of all of MasterCard’s various customer segments. The C&I team was established with the responsibility to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in payments and have made great strides with new products, services and standards, positively impacting all aspects of our current and future payment eco-system.
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
Joining the Ekata Asia Pacific team based in Singapore, the Senior Enterprise Account Executive should have existing regional sales experience and be technically proficient. This Senior Account Executive will be the primary point of contact with Ekata’s most strategic sales prospects and customers in Southeast Asia.
As a Specialist Sales Manager for our office in Singapore, covering the APAC region, you will be solving unique business challenges in the identity and risk space for some of the most exciting technology companies across the world. In this role, you will partner with internal resources to plan strategic roadmaps in order to land new customers and grow relationships. This provides an opportunity to leverage internal training and expertise to execute cutting-edge machine learning data implementations. You will work closely with executive leadership to build external relationships and can expect to work with a group of fast-paced, customer-oriented problem solvers.
In this role You will:
- Excel at proactive prospecting and lead generation
- Grow the customer base within the APAC enterprise account segment
- Support Ekata’s expansion into new markets and verticals
- Understand your customers' businesses at a technical and operational level
- Create trust and value while building enduring relationships
- Demonstrate business value through a solutions sales approach to meet/exceed goals
- Identify and secure executive sponsorship to solidify business relationships and opportunities
- Negotiate commercial terms with contracts up to C-level executives
- Strategize and prioritize your own sales pipeline
- Meet and exceed sales goals and quotas
All About You:
- 5+ years of successful enterprise sales experience required
- Southeast Asian regional sales experience
- 4-year degree in Sales or equivalent required, MBA preferred
- A proven track record of selling SaaS or technology into large organizations
- Strong experience in delivering complex consultative sales solutions
- Experience in the data industry, payments or fraud/risk more broadly
- Proven experience traversing large organizations and leveraging executive relationships
- Ability to frequently travel to key markets in Southeast Asia
- A strong network in eCommerce, Marketplaces, Payments, or Travel
- Startup experience preferred
- Fluency in at least one other language besides English (Mandarin, Malay, Bahasa, or Thai) is desirable
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.