Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to work in our Budapest office, who thrives on designing, coding and maintaining high performance data processing applications on the JVM platform (primarily in Clojure). Our ideal candidate would have deep experience building internal and external APIs with the most fitting tools and the passion to champion new and exciting technologies to solve Ekata's unique and challenging problems.
Your ideal job should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn are valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
In the Backend Engineer role you will:
- Build scalable web services;
- Write performant code and write automated test to validate correctness of code;
- Deploy large-scale web applications;
- Meet development milestones and business requirements on schedule;
- Independently analyze, propose and develop solutions for technical problems and issues;
- Communicate closely and effectively with engineering management, leads, and peers to gather and understand requirements, share project status and deal with unexpected issues;
- Assist with project management tasks (scheduling, task and project estimation, status reports, etc.) as necessary;
- Act as a mentor to more junior engineers;
- Ensure the adherence to the standards and procedures that result in an environment compliant with information security policy;
Our ideal Backend Engineer will have:
- Extremely knowledgeable of data storage and processing systems and web service APIs;
- Proficient in functional programming;
- Deeply versed in internet protocols and standards;
- Knowledgeable of scaling techniques (caching, message queues, eventual consistency, etc.);
- BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent;
- 4+ years experience in software development;
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle;
- Proven ability to write clean code that works, is readable, maintainable and follows best practices and coding standards, on schedule;
- Proven ability to contribute to the architectural design of complex systems;
- Solid understanding of OO and functional design, languages, algorithms, data structures, networking, database design and optimization;
- Expertise in a variety of relevant areas: search engine design, people search, distributed computing, database optimization, high volume, caching, messaging, web development, etc. preferred;
- Proven experience building highly scalable and available production web services starting from the data storage layer;
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Hungarian skills;
- A desire to own design and architecture end to end;
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide a learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary, Amsterdam, and soon in Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata visit: https://ekata.com/careers/
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.