Data Partnership Manager
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
The Data Strategy team has ambitious organizational goals, deep corporate support, and experiences minimal organizational friction in accomplishing its goals. This position has high visibility both internally and externally and requires strong business development and project management skills for success.
The Data Partnership Manager role has two focus areas: 1) onboarding new data partners through prospecting, testing, and contract negotiations, and 2) managing and growing relationships with our existing partners.
In the Data Partnership Manager role, you will:
- Become a subject matter expert in the regional, technical, and legal nuances regarding the use of identity data for fraud prevention
- Act as the account manager for existing data partnerships, including running day-to-day operations and exploring additional business opportunities
- Negotiate contracts for new data partnerships and renew existing contracts that present the most favorable terms possible for all parties
- Coordinate data evaluations with our analytics teams to measure the effectiveness of prospective data sources and make purchase recommendations based on the results
- Maintain up-to-date records and contracts in the appropriate systems, ensuring that all documents are correctly archived
- Develop and execute processes for regular, predictable communication between partners, analytics teams, and market-facing teams
- Assist in managing the data budget and forecasting costs
Our ideal Data Partnership Manager will have:
- 3+ years experience in account management, business development, program management, product management, or a related role, preferably at a technology company
- Strong project management abilities when working with cross-functional teams on complex projects
- Experience working with business partner decision-makers both in day-to-day business operations and commercial negotiations
- Ability to translate data and analytics into pragmatic business decisions
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly coupled with a desire to deeply understand and serve our customers, partners, and industry
- Collaborative and confident approach to moving projects and negotiations forward with internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Experience working with data analytics and statistical analysis techniques preferred
- High-level knowledge of contract management processes and various contract types preferred
- Ability to travel domestically to attend industry events and connect with partners preferred
- Technical background and a solid understanding of APIs and data preferred
This position is located at our headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.