Senior Software Engineer
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help our team improve, scale, and maintain a key component of the Identity Engine. Our group is responsible for the Identity Graph – state-of-the-art technology linking businesses back to humanity (people, businesses, locations, phone numbers, email addresses, and URLs). The graph represents 5 billion unique data elements and has a size of over 10 TB. Our group is responsible for the graph as well as tools and automation to evaluate its performance and ingest new data.
As a Sr. Software Engineer for our Graph and Tools Team, you will:
- Design and develop our mission-critical big data processing systems using Apache Spark and related technologies.
- Develop deep understanding of Spark and its internals to continually optimize our computations for runtime and cost-efficiency.
- Build and maintain tools to evaluate product performance.
- Maintain a sufficiently generic yet simple and economical solution.
- Insist on highest coding standards, follow and create best practices for clean code and architecture.
- Manage a sense of urgency and risks on project timelines and propose creative strategies for delivering constant business value.
- Develop deep understanding of data, get a good sense of signal vs noise to help business with shaping new products.
- Impact system architecture and improve overall system efficiency with growing business needs.
- Provide mentorship and hold system overview sessions.
Our ideal Sr. Software Engineer will have:
- 5+ years of proven experience as a software engineer and executing full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Sound understanding of functional (preferred) or object-oriented programming, data-oriented programming, languages, algorithms, data structures
- Aptitude to quickly learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- Self-motivation and ability to deliver on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Ability to gather and document requirements and specifications
- Ability to write clean, readable, and maintainable code that follows best practices
- Passion for diving deep in data and insights
- Strong sense of urgency, bias for results, and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies, test plan development
- Experience with the Apache Spark ecosystem in a production environment
- Experience working with AWS EMR, Databricks, and/or similar platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
This position is located at our headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.