Software Engineer, Data Services
Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help our team build and maintain high performance backend services. Our group is responsible for the Ekata Identity Graph – state-of-the-art technology linking businesses back to humanity (people, businesses, locations, phone numbers, email addresses, and URLs). The graph represents 5 billion unique data elements and enormous size of 11TB. Our microservices are the backbone of our products and are developed with high availability and performance in mind. Catering to low latency and high query volume at this scale opens up exciting opportunities.
We use a wide variety of technologies:
- Akka http
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Redis, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, and Solr
- AWS products: EMR, S3
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain several high performance microservices
- Ensure code follows the design and insist on the highest coding standards
- Follow and create best practices for clean code and architecture
In this role you will need:
- Knowledge of programming fundamentals
- Experience in Scala, Java, or similar language
- Fundamentals around JVM and garbage collection optimization understanding
- A Degree in Computer Science or related area, GPA of 3.5 or higher is preferred
- AWS Cloud experience with EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, and VPC in a big data environment
Nice to have experience:
- Knowledge / Experience with Docker or containerized applications
- Knowledge / Experience with Kubernetes or related system
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience building multi-tenant scalable enterprise software in cloud
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.