Site Reliability Engineer
Ekata (formerly Whitepages Pro) provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
The Site Reliability Engineer at Ekata manages our production environment, providing a highly available and scalable platform for Ekata to serve our customers. This position also develops systems, automation and tools to help make it easier for Engineering teams to deploy services in a fast, automated and reliable fashion. This position will be based in our Seattle office.
In this role, the Site Reliability Engineer will:
- Build, scale and support high-availability Ubuntu Linux production and development systems in a public cloud environment
- Develop and deploy tools and automation to replace manual tasks and improve efficiency
- Manage Kubernetes clusters for container orchestration and AWS automation
- Help other teams troubleshoot and solve failures and performance problems
- Manage security and availability monitoring for all services
- Ensure the development and maintenance of standards and procedures that result in an environment compliant with information security policy
Our ideal Site Reliability Engineer will have:
- 3+ years of experience with Linux or UNIX systems and related protocols/software
- Command of Linux systems including troubleshooting, memory management, tuning, I/O subsystem, RAID, and security
- Professional experience with Ansible or other configuration management tools
- Experience using Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
- Programming aptitude in Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Nagios, Zenoss, or Zabbix would be very handy
- Working knowledge of database systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker
- Ability to travel internationally 1-2 times per year
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.