Sr. Business Development Representative, APAC
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
As we embark on our next phase of growth, we are seeking a Sr. Business Development Representative (BDR) to serve as a founding member and assist in the creation, development, and management of our first team of business development representatives supporting our APAC region. This team will be made up of driven individuals seeking a path to becoming Account Executives or Partner Managers within our company. The Business Development team is one of the first interactions our prospective customers have with Ekata and the BDR program will be a key driver of our ongoing success. If you have proven success overachieving your KPIs and goals as a BDR, a desire to build the team, enact scalable processes, as well as have a knack for inspiring people, this is the role for you!
Objectives for the BDR:
Outbound BDRs at Ekata will run highly targeted prospecting campaigns at assigned targeted and named accounts. This dedicated operational team will also proactively call net-new and existing accounts and help these clients understand how Ekata can innovate their identity verification and fraud prevention strategy.
- Be a founding member of our outbound Business Development team.
- Help build predictable, scalable, repeatable, and effective outbound prospecting playbooks to drive organizational growth.
- Fuel pipeline expansion for Ekata Asia Pacific (APAC) by finding qualified opportunities over the phone, email, and social interaction.
These three objectives are crucial in scaling the sales organization and providing a predictable revenue and profit stream.
In the Sr. Business Development Representative role you will:
- Research targeted accounts and execute outbound playbooks at scale, setting up qualified new business opportunities for our APAC Account Executives.
- Strategically and creatively map target accounts, finding the best way into the organization while securing executive and project sponsorship.
- Help create, improve, and oversee usage of standard playbooks and outreach cadences, developing a set of best practices and techniques.
- Use data to identify and make improvements in process, efficiency, enablement, and productivity.
- Track and communicate weekly goals to team and leadership to drive consistent performance.
- Deliver on meetings set and opportunities generated, as well as report on all weekly, monthly, and quarterly KPIs and performance.
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive new business development growth and operational excellence.
- Achieve quarterly and annual pipeline and revenue targets.
- Work with marketing and sales operations to ensure thorough follow-up on leads.
- Work closely with Sales Managers and Account Executives to ensure proper alignment on opportunity quality, and follow-up on handoffs.
- Maintain impeccable data quality and Salesforce CRM hygiene.
- Have a maniacal focus on outcomes and impact. Closely monitor metrics – everything from daily activity, conversion rates to opportunities, hand-off to sales, and close rates – with the aim to increase BDR productivity, contribution to pipeline, and bookings.
Our ideal Sr. Business Development Representative will have:
- Proven track record of success – demonstrable experience as an SDR or BDR with phone experience for at least two years with clear goals and KPI achievement for a sales organization.
- Builder mentality – ability and interest in developing new processes while serving as a founding member of the team.
- Strategic thinker – able to research and understand the ideal Ekata client profile and become an expert on Ekata’s competitive landscape.
- Team player – you inspire others around you through your effort and ability to play a team game. At Ekata, Sales is a team sport with collaboration required across many departments.
- Data-driven – you are driven by numbers and are constantly finding ways to improve productivity, efficiency, and contribution to the business.
- Natural leader – you have a passion for mentoring and coaching a team to success, inspiring confidence, and leading by example.
- Results-driven work ethic with measurable results in fast-paced environments.
- 2+ years in a fast-growing SaaS environment.
- This is an APAC market-facing role, therefore, proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, or Malay are preferred.
- Experience using Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, Gong, Chorus, and any other prospecting tools.
- Strong process and analytical skills to identify inefficiencies and create improvements.
This role is based in Singapore and will report to the Head of Business Development.
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.