Structural Superintendent (BC) - Bridges
- Understanding of the contract and scope of work, ensuring scope of work is clearly communicated to trades.
- Identify and eliminate/control all actual or potential hazards and risks and document on the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Log.
- Completing a detailed review of drawings and specifications.
- Understanding entitlements and immediately notifying the Project Manager for changes and conditions.
- Reviewing shop drawings.
- Participate in developing a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of the project and following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Coordinating the work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
- Controlling and directing subcontractors, labour and labour relations.
- Providing on-site supervision for all project personnel and phases of construction, resolving complaints and grievances with employees.
- Completing all paperwork as required.
- Reporting any challenges or issues to the Project Manager and/or General Superintendent in a timely manner.
- Maintaining accurate as build drawings for underground utilities and plan changes as they occur.
- Keeping a daily log of site activities on the project including by not limited to: All trades and number of personnel/trades, description of work, weather, and safety hazards or issues.
- Expeditious completion of project deficiencies.
- Conducting weekly progress review meetings with Trades to review weekly schedule and update accordingly
- Attending all project meetings
- Maintaining site files, supplies, equipment, and services.
Health & Safety
- Enforcing on site safety in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act the latest regulations and Safety Policy Manual.
- Leading on site safety meetings with trades and labour.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents promptly.
- Continually ensure any hazards are identified/controlled/eliminated and recorded and filed in the Safety Records Binder.
- Discuss the hazards with all workers at meetings (i.e. weekly toolbox meetings, monthly safety meetings etc.).
- Ensuring site personnel have required safety training and records are maintained.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance is conducted according to manufacturer specifications and that records are maintained.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all subcontractors and ensures they are treated fairly.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times with owners, consultants, trades, suppliers and the public.
- Develop good working relationship with owners and consultants.
- Report progress to owners and architects.
- Supervise crews, reviewing their reports, checking on any reported difficulties, and correcting any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Making realistic commitments to the Project Manager, trades, owners and consultants.
- Coach and mentoring hourly employees
- 7+ years construction experience
- Experience with structural heavy civil project
- Experience managing own forces hourly labour.
- Valid driver's license.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, possess current driver's license without restriction
- This position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized vaccine as a condition of hire and continued employment.
Eiffage Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. www.eiffage.ca www.eiffage.com