Project Coordinator (ON) - Infrastructure
Reporting to the Project Manager (PM) the Project Coordinator (PC) will work in conjunction with the Site Superintendent (Super) to ensure that the assigned areas of responsibility meet project budget, schedule, and safety objectives. The PC has frequent contact with clients, client representatives, union representatives, and professional and technical support personnel.
The projects will vary geographically depending on the company's Work On Hand. The PC will be flexible, willing to travel and/or work on-site for extended periods of time based on the needs of the project.
The Project Coordinator works on a bridge construction or rehabilitation site full time, along with a Super and the responsibilities are:
Roles and Responsibilities:
Health and Safety
- Perform frequent audit of work site to ensure that Health & Safety Requirements are being met.
- All infractions to be brought to the attention of the Supervision and Project Manager (PM).
- With assistance from Safety department and PM will interact with any regulatory body regarding safety infractions and corrective actions.
- Onboarding of any new hires when safety department is unable to complete.
- Preplanning stage
- Analyze and understand project schedule prepared by PM
- Assist PM with project and baseline pre-planning if possible.
- With the assistance of PM and Super; prepare 3 week look ahead schedules, expanding on each construction activity. This should include an outline of the required equipment, labor, subcontractors and materials.
- Continually Monitor 3 week look ahead schedule and man-hours to ensure the work remains on track.
- Relay to the PM any ongoing cost delays or potential future delays as soon as possible and assist in developing potential mitigation measures.
- Prepare: hiring administrative documentation for labour; manage timesheets; and accruals for expenses.
- Utilizing Weekly 3-week Look-ahead and 2 weeks prior to the construction activity occurring on site, develop a list of all required equipment, labor, subcontractors, and materials.
- Prepare Quantity Take-offs from contract and shop drawings for ordering materials.
- Complete all site level Requisitions with proper coding and forward to responsible parties as follows.
- Ensure each Purchase Order (PO) is sent to supplier for execution prior to material arriving on site and sign off to acknowledge terms and conditions.
- Monitor and record all material deliveries on site as per PO.
- Preparation of Payroll and expense.
- Organize returns, layoff of labour.
- Contract Management
- Work with PM and Supervision to determine changes from the contract and provide notice to the owner.
- Review and analyze all contract drawings and specifications and pay attention to comments and markings.
- Review and analyze all shop drawings prior to implementation on site, ensuring most recent licensed software is being used
- Assist Supervision with layout of any contract dimension including but not limited to; limits of demolition, grading, formwork, etc.
- Assist Supervision with any questions raised on site regarding the contract documents
- Request any additional resources required from PM
- In charge of Quality Control on site if absence of Quality Control Officer, or other.
- Perform regular inspection of construction activity to ensure that the work is meeting the required QC specification and tolerances prior to third party inspection.
- Schedule and ensure all testing and third-party inspection requirements as laid out by PM are followed on site. (Document test).
- Implement Inspection and Test Plans and checklists for the associated tasks
- Responsible for assembling Quality Records for all activities to demonstrate compliance with specifications and Contract Documents
- File, record and distribute QC documentation as required to PM and Site Inspector
- Prepare Daily Work Records (DWR) for each day and file any accompanying pictures.
- With the assistance of the PM, file and record all Request for Information/Clarification, Non- Conformance Report, Site Instructions, Transmittals and Change Orders
- Prepare Bi-Weekly report for PM to review prior to meeting with management.
- Attend and record all Site Meetings with CA and Site Inspector
- Track all quantities for work performed on site and report to PM prior to monthly progress draws and Earned Value report.
- Maintain Site Copy of Contract Documents to ensure all copies are updated to the latest version and any changes are clearly noted and brought to the attention of Super.
- Maintain Site copy of as built Drawings ensuring any minor site level directions are recorded.
- Project Lifecycle Phases & Activities: RACI model.
- Civil or Structural Engineering degree or diploma
- 2 experience in Heavy Civil Construction
- E.I.T and working towards P.Eng. considered asset
- You have working knowledge of pertinent regulations, codes and specifications related to the construction industry
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely express yourself in oral and written work
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Strong team player and has the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, and objectives
- Strong organization and time management skills, and appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, possess current driver’s license without restriction
- This position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized vaccine as a condition of hire and continued employment.
Eiffage Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. www.eiffage.ca www.eiffage.com