General Foreman (ON)
Maintain excellent relationships with client, engineers, consultants, subcontractors and public.
- Responsible to ensure that all work is conducted in a safe manner in compliance with safety, quality and environment performance policies.
- Assist in developing recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy.
- Plan and approve the work of own forces on the project including determining methods of construction, manpower levels, materials, tools & equipment, rentals and work schedules.
- Assume responsibility for the efficient use of materials and equipment and contractual performance of the project.
- Ensure trades personnel complete all necessary training in areas of safety, quality assurance, technical qualifications, equipment operation and owner specified requirements.
- Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications, Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and project schedule and budget.
- Maintain appropriate field documentation including safety records, daily progress reports, training records, manpower reports, owner support requests, etc.
- Oversee and directly support work during execution phase, including monitoring for performance, provision of guidance to the field team, reporting to line management, leading problem-solving efforts and development of adverse condition recovery plans.
- Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications/codes
- Attend and participate in daily tool box talks and other meetings as required.
- Coordinate Foremen and execution crew in the execution of their assigned duties.
- Coordinate across all functions of the project as required to achieve task(s) goals. Provide leadership to Field supervisors, Coordinators and respective Craft Labour.
- Minimum 5-10 years construction supervision experience
- Ability to successfully coordinate a construction project.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction such as; technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements and jurisdiction, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements.
- Good communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic presentation skills.
- Basic blue print understanding.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, possess current driver's license without restriction
- This position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized vaccine as a condition of hire and continued employment.
Eiffage Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. www.eiffage.ca www.eiffage.com