Project Manager - Infrastructure
Health and Safety
- Ensures that Risk Assessments and Work Plans are carried out prior to undertaking a new activity.
- Performs regular audit of work site to ensure that site complies with Health & Safety rules and regulations, bringing all infractions to the attention of the Superintendent (Super) and the Project Coordinator (PC) and ensure action plan is executed.
- Promotes Safety Culture and the goal of 100% Safety to the employees and the public.
- Take over of estimate with support of pre-planning (hand-over meeting with Estimating, pre-construction meeting, Budget 0%, etc.).
- Develops Project Baseline Schedule to meet all requirements of client and contract documents. Seek input from Super and management on feasibility and constructability. (Using critical path and resources)
- With PC and Super reviews 3 week look ahead schedules, expanding on each construction task. This should include an outline of the required equipment, labor, subcontractors and materials.
- Reviews with Senior Management, any ongoing delays or potential future delays as soon as possible and develop potential mitigation measures
- Responsible for on time procurement of long lead items at pre planning stage with the support of the Purchasing Department.
- Reviews Comparative Table issued by PC for Purchase Orders (POs) and Subcontracts
- Sets up and initiates Subcontracts, develops Bid Items, scope of work (inclusions / exclusions) and schedule for Subcontracts. Ensures that Subcontracts are reviewed and signed-off by Senior Management and that they are executed prior to commencement of work on site.
- Signs off Payroll and Project Expenses.
- Refer to Senior Management, disputes with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Reviews and analyzes all contract drawings and specifications (IFC).
- Reviews and analyzes all shop drawings prior to implementation on site; verify latest version on site.
- Defines execution strategy (self-performed and subcontracted works)
- Manages project team responsible for construction (Construction Manager, Project Coordinator, Superintendent, Quality, etc.)
- Organizes and chairs weekly project team meetings
- Prepares Work Plans and chairs Pre-Activity Meetings
- Ensures project is delivered as per baseline schedule and Budget 0%
Quality and Environment
- Defines, schedules and oversees preparation of all submittals required by Contract Documents with assistance of PC
- Defines Quality Assurance Plan/ Quality Control Plan/ Environmental Protection Plan requirements in line with Contract Documents
- Ensures Inspection and Test Plans, as well as associated Checklists, are established prior to construction and implemented during construction (with necessary records).
- Manages Non-Conformance, Corrective and Preventative Actions
- Ensure that controls are documented (key points, etc.).
- Organize third party survey and tests
- Organize control on equipment (calibration, etc.).
- Review monthly report from PC prior to meeting with management.
- Attend all Site Meetings with Contract Administrator (CA) and Site Inspector; send comments if necessary, by meeting minutes.
- Circulate Lesson Learned report at project completion.
Cost Control and Contract Management
- Carries out monthly cost control (Earned Value Analysis, rational) and looks for productivity improvement
- Carries out (at least) quarterly forecasts (forecast revenue and cost at completion) to outline any potential gains or shortfalls
- Actively manages cash position (invoicing and payment, certification of completion, holdback collection)
- Management of subcontractors and suppliers including processing all progress payments, dispute resolution.
- Manages client relationship, changes (Extra Work, Extensions of Time) and claims
- Signing Authority for Site Instruction Notices acknowledging receipt, Change Orders.
- Delivers project close-out (Substantial Completion, Final Acceptance, Warranty requirements)
- Civil or Structural Engineering degree or diploma.
- 7+ years’ of progressive experience within a similar role/industry (3+ years in a management role)
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- P. Eng or E.I.T working towards P.Eng.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, possess current driver's license without restriction
- This position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized vaccine as a condition of hire and continued employment.
Eiffage Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. www.eiffage.ca www.eiffage.com