Construction Manager, GTA, Ontario
Health and Safety
- Promote Safety Culture and 100% Safety to the employees and the public.
- Responsible for Health and Safety policy implementation, safety orientation, monitoring and wearing adequate PPE.
- Ensure that Safety Risk Assessments and Work Plans are carried out prior to undertaking a new activity.
- Lead on site safety meetings with trades and labour and file all meetings minutes
- Perform regular audit of work to ensure that Health and Safety Requirements are being met in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the latest regulations and Safety Policy manual and bring all infractions to the attention of the Project Manager (PM).
- Continually ensure any hazards are identified/controlled/eliminated and recorded and filed in the Safety Records Binder.
- Consults Safety Department and seeks support whenever necessary.
- Minor infractions should be corrected immediately.
- Major infractions observed should be reported to the Project Manager.
- Understand the contract and scope of work and ensure scope of work is clearly communicated to trades.
- Complete a detailed review of drawings and specifications
- Assist the PM with the Project Baseline Schedule to ensure constructability and feasibility.
- Participate in developing a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of the project and following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Define and schedule equipment requirements and ensure mobilization of such Equipment with the support of the Equipment Department.
- Schedule labour and supervision resources and ensures timely mobilization of such resources.
- Assist in prepares and implementing project specific Quality Plan and Test Plan.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to analyze individual activities to identify potential savings or shortfalls
- In conjunction with the PM, review Quantity Take-offs prepared by Project Coordinator (PC) from contract and shop drawings prior to ordering materials.
- Check-in, regularly monitor all equipment on site to ensure unused equipment is returned immediately with a proper packing slip (detailed list of all items).
- In conjunction with the PC submit Purchase Order (PO) to supplier for execution prior to material arriving on site.
- Review and analyze all contract drawings and specifications (IFC).
- Review and analyze all shop drawings prior to implementation; latest version on site.
- Manage all Foreman and Workers as well as Subs on site so that they are aware of their tasks each day and ensure that the work is executed.
- Prioritize daily tasks to ensure the Critical Path schedule is maintained.
- Manage man-hours for each task as per budget.
- Continually monitor the site to ensure all workers remain on task and maintain productivity.
- Perform layout of any contract dimension including but not limited to; limits of demolition, grading, formwork, etc.
- Participate in weekly project team meetings.
- Prepare Work Plans and chairs Pre-Activity Meetings.
- With the Project Coordinator (PC) plan the 3-week look ahead schedules outlining all required equipment, labour and material required for the upcoming activities
- Maintain accurate as build drawings for underground utilities and plan changes as they occur.
- Report any challenges or issues to the Project Manager
- Complete all paperwork as required
Quality and Environment
- In conjunction with the PM, define Quality and Environment Control in line with Contract Documents and risks.
- Implement Inspection and Test Plans, as well as associated Checklists, prior to construction.
- Review Material Requests and ensure check-in of materials at each delivery.
- Notify the PM and PC of any deficiency and implement corrective actions.
- Follow up with PC that all QC measures outlined are being implemented.
- Ensure all work performed on site meets quality standards set out by contract documents.
- Responsible for first stage of control of compliance with Control plans.
- Ensure individuals implement and follow all QC measures
Cost Control and Contract Management
- Ensure changes (Extra Work, Extension of Time) and claims are reported to the PM and documented as policy requires.
- Responsible for ensuring all Notices, Site Deliveries, Change Orders are acknowledged by appropriate Signing Authority.
- Supervise, coach and mentor crews, reviewing their reports, checking on any reported difficulties, and correcting any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Make realistic commitments to the Project Manager, trades, owners and consultants.
- 5+ years of experience within a similar role/industry
- Experience in Structural Projects
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
- Civil or Structural Engineering degree or diploma is an asset
- Working experience with MTO is an asset
About the Company:
Eiffage in Canada is a Canadian heavy civil contractor, specializing in heavy civil structures construction/rehabilitation (such as bridges, dams, etc.). With offices in both Burlington, Ontario as well as Nisku, Alberta, we are able to support projects of any size across Canada. Eiffage is a strong advocate in providing supportive, safe and caring working environments to develop and grow our employees. As a fast-growing company, we are looking for employees that are as ambitious as the company’s vision for the future.
Eiffage in Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eiffage Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. www.eiffage.ca www.eiffage.com