Over the last 18 months the Estimating team has grown and had the opportunity to add newly created roles such as Proposal Manager, Technical Coordinator, Scheduling and Methods Coordinator as well as additional Senior Level Estimators.
We are adding one more Senior Estimator to the team. The Sr. Estimator will prepare and coordinate complex estimates including, reviewing and analyzing specifications, proposals, takeoffs and other documentation as needed for the tender package. A Senior Estimator, will provide support, guidance and encouragement to junior members of the estimating team.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Through networking and research, you will look for opportunities to secure new business and foster new relationships.
- Review and select tender opportunities with Senior Management.
- Identify scope of work and perform quantity take off from RFQ documents.
- Develop a strategic and competitive plan for each tender as per contract specifications: labour, equipment and materials.
- Conduct detailed analysis of the contract specifications, to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, safety, quality, etc.).
- Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Careful monitoring of published addenda’s that may alter the scope of work/budget.
- Assemble accurate, timely and well-organized estimates for review by the estimating manager.
- Organize sub-contractor quotes when the bid is successful, re-writing binders, and leading the handover process.
- Establish a critical path schedule on the estimated milestone progress dates;
- Interpret project drawings, and specifications, analyse proposals and other documentation.
- Prepare detailed technical documents as needed to support tenders (schedule narrative, execution and methods plan, etc.)
- Review the scope of work and pricing from subcontractors and supplier and assist with prequalification submissions, RFQs, and RFI’s. Understands trade scope of work/jurisdiction.
- Confidently assist in the preparation of the final tender document for submission in order to meet contract deadline.
- Travel as required by the tendering process
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or a construction related program with 5+ years’ experiencing in estimating civil projects
- Must have 15 years heavy civil (bridge, dams, roads, tunnel, etc.) estimating experience.
- Experience in Design-Build, PPP, IPD, or other collaborative procurement model is preferred
- Prior field experience would be an asset
- Experience tendering RFQs and RFPs, with MTO, BC MoT, AT is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies and techniques and construction contracts required
About the Company:
Eiffage in Canada is a Canadian heavy civil contractor, specializing in heavy civil structures construction/rehabilitation (such as bridges, dams, etc.). With offices in both Burlington, Ontario as well as Nisku, Alberta, we are able to support projects of any size across Canada. Eiffage is a strong advocate in providing supportive, safe and caring working environments to develop and grow our employees. As a fast-growing company, we are looking for employees that are as ambitious as the company’s vision for the future.
Eiffage in Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eiffage Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. www.eiffage.ca www.eiffage.com