Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift
2nd SHIFT POSITION
Perform a full range of building & equipment maintenance, repair and installation tasks, both scheduled and emergency, with little or no supervision.
CORE DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Moves, installs, adjusts & repairs machines & equipment, including guards and other safety appliances, performing welding, pipefitting, carpentry, electrical, painting & other techniques as needed, with due regard for safety of plant personnel & fire hazards.
- Maintains plant utilities & services such as air, heat, water, electrical and hog systems to the extent determined necessary & practical, to minimize downtime & assure adequate supplies of energy & power to meet production needs of plant.
- Answers emergency calls in the plant to repair machines or equipment (includes being called back to plant outside of regular working hours when emergency needs occur).
ADDITIONAL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Should be able to visualize and plan jobs from sketches, blueprints, operating manuals and/or on-site inspections, with assistance from foreman and more skilled mechanics.
- Must be able to repair, set-up, sharpen & correctly use and care for most of the tools in the maintenance department.
- Must be able to inspect, troubleshoot, adjust, remove/replace parts of plant machinery without damaging parts, and to learn to think logically.
- Must maintain a general working knowledge in most of the crafts of industrial maintenance, such as machinist, millwright, painter, carpenter, electrician, pipe fitter, welder, steam fitter, and keep abreast of new methods, equipment and materials.
- Must be able to remain levelheaded in all kinds of emergencies.
- Must have confidence in own ability to handle machines.
- Must know location and operation of most equipment and controls in the plant.
- Must be able to cooperate and work with other trades people, factory service reps and production personnel.Job requires analytical, troubleshooting and mathematical skills. Knowledge of manufacturing and machine maintenance. Capable of working effectively under pressure and meeting strict deadlines. Proven team player with positive attitude