Manufacturing Department Supervisor (2nd Shift)
When you walk through our facilities, it’s easy to see the hard work and dedication our people put forward. Today, VT has nine manufacturing facilities located across the U.S. and Canada.
VT Industries is family-owned and operated, with a commitment toward continual growth and improvement. Employees are offered competitive wages and benefits packages.
We are looking for a leader to join us in operations on 2nd shift. Strong communication, leadership, troubleshooting, and analytical skills are required. The primary function is to develop and maintain a skilled workforce that will meet or exceed our performance standards.
- Supervise, evaluate, and train Union employees
- Prioritize, plan and implement daily/weekly work schedule
- Facilitate use of Friedman system
- Participate in troubleshooting
- Enforce policies, procedures, and programs
- Strive for continuous improvements
- Investigate delays and expedite corrective action
- Initiate measures to ensure a safe workplace
- Facilitate employee conflict resolution and promote team building
- Maintain relationship with Union representatives
- Complete limited administrative paperwork, including attendance records
- Develop a strong leader for each functional area
- Attend meetings
- Contribute as a team member of management
- Actively participate in Corporate Initiative efforts
- Other duties as assigned