Continuous Improvement Intern
The CI Intern shall work closely with the Operations teams on various Continuous Improvement Projects. The responsibilities of the CI Intern vary based on assignments and department needs. This is a great opportunity for a driven student to learn about the corporate work environment in a challenging and dynamic organization. VT Industries, Egger’s Division allows interns to take on full ownership of projects that have a visible impact on the success of the company and provides learning opportunities through hands-on experience in multiple different areas.
- Assist supervisors and team members to improve processes and eliminate waste through focused improvement projects (point kaizen, 8D problem solving process, etc.).
- Support supervisors and managers in the transformation of the manufacturing and support process environment through various administrative or hands on tasks.
- Create and maintain standard work instructions, SOPs, 5S Checklists, and standard work audits. Ensure that any of these satisfy Federal, State, and Local safety laws.
- Complete weekly audits to ensure sustainment of processes.
- Maintain tracking and metrics for audits and quality data.
- Identify opportunities for improvement through observation and root cause analysis of pareto data.
- Complete time studies across the business.
- Assist in planning and follow-up for kaizen events; participate as needed to support.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Formal training in or related training in a process improvement program
- Demonstrated working knowledge of waste elimination, standardized work, 5S, pull systems, Kaizen and other Lean Principles, with results in process/operational improvement including cycle time and cost reduction.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with attention to building structured processes.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.