Join the VT Family.
The Operations Intern shall work closely with the Plant Leadership Team and other members of the production team on various tasks and projects and improve plant efficiencies. The Operations Intern may report to any member of the Plant Leadership Team, but depending on intern’s area of focus / study will report to one of the following Continuous Improvement Manager, Operations / Production Lead, Safety Manager and Maintenance Mgr. The responsibilities of the Operations Intern will vary based on assignments and department needs at the time of the internship. This is a great opportunity for a driven student to learn about the corporate work environment in a challenging and dynamic organization. VT Industries, Egger’s Division allows interns to take on full ownership of projects that have a visible impact on the success of the company and provides learning opportunities through hands-on experience in multiple different areas.
- Work in various areas of plant operations
- Gather, accurately document and analyze Operations data.
- Work on continuous improvement projects related to the production processes.
- Work on projects to improve process, plant and/or employee efficiencies Draft standard work and train personnel.
- Implement and monitor performance of corrective actions
- Collect follow-up data to determine the effectiveness of implemented process improvements.
- Take direction on assignments and then work autonomously or with appropriate team(s) to accomplish assignment objectives.
- Actively meet and speak with Operations employees to learn the various aspects and responsibilities of their jobs.
- Learn to work safely and efficiently, while maintaining accuracy.
- Summarize and present a summary of projects and lessons learned at end of internship, if applicable.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with executives, managers, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with company policy and values
- Results driven, bottom-line oriented, strive to exceed goals, and motivate self and others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing environment quickly, and think independently.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.