Continuous Improvement/Safety Manager
JOB TITLE: CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/SAFETY MANAGER
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: GENERAL MANAGER
- College or Equivalent…………Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Engineering, or related field
- Job-Related Experience……… 3-5 years. Safety experience preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for improving performance in our key measurables (SQPD) through the incorporation of lean principles and management of the continuous improvement team and projects throughout the Two Rivers facility. In addition, safety is also part of this position and works with operations, maintenance, leadership and staff functions to develop and implement programs to ensure safety (OSHA) compliance throughout the facility.
- Planning, Execution, and Follow-Up to Kaizen Events
- Manage Standard Documents Throughout Plant (Standard Work, 5S Checklists, Standard Operating Procedures, Etc.)
- Oversee Quality Programs
- Oversee Safety
- Prioritize Projects and Allocate Resources for Continuous Improvement Team
- Coach Lean Principles to the Production Team (Hourly and Salaried) on a Daily Basis
- Actively Participate in Gemba Walks
- Help develop strategic plan
- Oversee Lean Training and Onboarding Programs
- Evaluate Machine Capacities and Goals
- Work with Production to Improve Production Levels
- Improve Flow and WIP Levels Throughout Plant
- Follow-Up on Standard Work and Quality Audit Failures
- Maintain 6 Month Plan for CI Direction
- Chair safety committee meetings
- Perform tracking/recordkeeping for safety and may serve as backup for environmental
- Write/create/maintain safety programs, policies and data tracking systems
- Conduct employee safety training
- Other duties as assigned
Problem Solving/Decision Making: Position duties involve a high degree analysis and reasoning to solve moderate to highly complicated problems. Troubleshooting and decision making are frequently used to resolve moderate to complicated manufacturing processes, methods, quality and efficiency improvements.
Degree of Independent Judgment: This position involves a high degree of independent judgment.