Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Join the VT Family!
We are seeking a highly motivated, hands-on individual who has a proven record of coordinating, leading and facilitating Continuous Improvement Initiatives within our Neenah, WI facility. The role is responsible for assisting the Continuous Improvement Manager with documenting the facilities business processes, improvements towards the facility’s work centers, MDI (Managing for Daily Improvement) and SQPD (Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Delivery) goals.
- Support the facility’s continuous improvement opportunities by supporting and coaching Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI) philosophy.
- Main CI duties
- Support and review of individual SQPD boards and support department personnel to drive manufacturing performance and actions for improving safety, quality, productivity and delivery across all departments and shifts.
- Lead CI training sessions as required and support activities with the goal of improving employee engagement
- Lead supervisors and team members to improve processes and eliminate waste through focused improvement projects (point kaizen, 8D problem solving process, etc.).
- Support supervisors and managers in the transformation of the manufacturing environment through various administrative or hands on tasks.
- Documentation and Audits:
- Create and maintain standard process loops (SPL), work instructions, SOPs, 5S Checklists, and standard work audits. Ensure documents satisfy Federal, State, and local safety laws.
- Mentor team members on Lean/Continuous Improvement concepts and practices.
- Assist in planning and follow-up for small and large kaizen events; participate and/or facilitate as needed to support kaizen event(s) throughout the year.
- Work with area leaders for all continuous improvement activities to ensure that processes are measured, monitored and controlled through standard work.
- Complete weekly and follow-up CI and safety audits to ensure sustainment of processes.
- Maintain tracking and metrics for safety, quality, productivity, and delivery audits including but not limited to assigning, tracking, and completion of all audits.
- Analytical Analysis:
- Problem solving and root cause analysis by using key CI tools including but not limited to fishbone / cause-effect diagram, 5-whys, etc.
- Identify opportunities for improvement through observation and root cause analysis of Pareto data / graphs
- Assist with incident investigations and lead CI and production, manufacturing follow-up activities to completion with cross-department support
- Complete time studies as required for baseline information and document improvements after continuous improvement events, kaizen(s) or other improvement projects in strategic facility documents
- Represents continuous improvement team on cross-functional teams.
- Actively participate in Corporate Initiative efforts
- Other duties as assigned