Our pay rate is $18.28 for 1st shift and $18.53 for 2nd and 3rd.
New Hire Bonus of $1,500.00
VT Industries is a family-owned company that offers a dynamic work environment to provide you with a fun place to grow and nurture your talents so that you can make a difference. You’ll find a diverse team of employees and leaders who will offer you the opportunity to make an impact, grow professionally, interact in a positive environment and take pride in our company’s mission.
The leadership team is intelligent, empathetic and caring. They understand the importance of excelling professionally but care just as much about our employee’s personal life happiness.
As VT continues to expand and evolve, we look to the future with a forward focus and a deep respect for our company’s heritage. We know that our success has been the result of our employee’s ideas and contributions, and our people-first approach is the reason why so many employees have found a long-term career with VT.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred but NOT required
- Job-Related Experience…………………….3 months - 1 year minimum with general knowledge of manufacturing processes. We will train
POSITION SUMMARY: To perform various supervised tasks, generally of a less complex nature, related to the operation of the department. The success of this position is based on effectively carrying out the following “Core Duties and Responsibilities.”
CORE DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform various tasks related to manufacturing processes
- Read and operate tape measure, gloss meter and caliper
- Problem solve basic issues
- Operate forklift and motorized toll motor
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Meet company-wide continuous improvement goals
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES: Job requires basic analytical, troubleshooting and mathematical skills. General knowledge of manufacturing. Capable of working effectively under pressure and meeting strict deadlines. Proven team player with positive attitude. Uphold company core values of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness and performance competency.
Machines/Equipment Used and Frequency:
- Tape Measure
- Inspection Tools
- PHYSICIAL REQUIREMENTS: Tolerance for bending, standing and walking for long periods of time. 20-20 vision with or without prescribed eye glasses, speaking ability and hearing accuracy. Manual dexterity. Must be able to move or carry up to 50 lbs. frequently. Able to tolerate working on the shop floor all day.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.