Manufacturing Department Supervisor (2nd Shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: Strong communication, servant leadership philosophy, troubleshooting, and analytical skills are required. The primary function is to develop and maintain an engaged, skilled workforce that will meet or exceed our performance standards. In addition, a focus on driving process improvement and lean principles is an integral part of the position.
- Lead and communicate with a servant leadership philosophy to develop an engaged workforce
- Supervise, evaluate, and train Union employees
- Prioritize, plan and implement daily/weekly work schedule
- Facilitate use of ERP system
- Participate in troubleshooting and creative problem solving
- Enforce policies, procedures, and programs
- Develop and sustain a culture of continuous improvement
- Investigate delays and expedite corrective action
- Initiate measures to ensure a safe workplace
- Facilitate employee conflict resolution and promote team building
- Maintain relationship with Union representatives
- Complete limited administrative paperwork, including attendance records
- Develop a strong leader for each functional area
- Attend meetings
- Contribute as a member of the operations management team
- Actively participate in Corporate Initiative efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Problem Solving/Decision Making: Troubleshooting and decision making are frequently used to resolve personnel and manufacturing issues. Additionally, skillful problem solving is necessary to ensure product quality, maintain an “On Time” schedule and to make staffing decisions. Occasionally a decision must be made to redistribute workload to another area or to impose overtime. When product quality becomes an issue, the decision to repair or remake must be made. A critical part of the daily decision making involves interpreting new orders to accurately implement the production procedure throughout the department.
Degree of Independent Judgment: This position involves a high degree of independent judgment.
- College or Equivalent.................. Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Manufacturing or other related field; Or an Associates degree with relevant job-related experience
- Job-Related Experience.............. Preferred, but not required