Director, Federal Sales and Business Development
THE BEST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD.
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but enables vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
INNOVATE. DISRUPT. ENABLE.
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) radar is changing the way people think about high-performance radar. Electronically scanning array radars (often referred to as Phased Array radars) have been the gold standard in high performance radar for 30+ years. Unfortunately, they remain cost prohibitive for a vast majority of potential radar applications – even in the Federal sector. Based on a decade of research, Echodyne brings ESA high-performance radar to markets and applications never thought possible due to Cost, Size, Weight or Power constraints.
Echodyne is seeking a Director of Federal Sales and Business Development to identify and close new business in the Federal Sector. We have already developed an excellent reputation in the Federal Sector and are now looking to expand our footprint of applications and rapidly grow our Federal sales. We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, self-driven, high-integrity, straight-shooting, top sales performer to join our fast-paced, high performing team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated exceptional over quota performance selling hardware into the US Defense Industry (B2B) and US Government & Public Sector (B2G). Additionally, this candidate will be able to bring with him/her a strong contact network and existing relationships. This candidate will be responsible for accurately forecasting and managing their pipeline to ensure they meet or exceed revenue targets.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- Identify, develop and qualify profitable new business opportunities and drive deals from start to finish
- Develop the overall capture strategy, internal and external partnerships and marketing support needed
- Orchestrate solution implementation at customer site as needed to maintain high satisfaction levels
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives within prospective accounts
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers
- Lead the development of customer profiles, including customer needs, issues, hopes, and biases
- Lead and coordinate competitive assessments, determining the strengths and weaknesses of Echodyne solutions and potential competitors in the federal marketplace
- Build mutually-beneficial relationships with federal-focused Integrators and Resellers
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed revenue targets and KPIs and be well-compensated for doing so
- Conduct on-site demonstrations of the product and represent Echodyne at conferences and test sites
- Manage customer relationships beyond the close to ensure expansion and renewal business
- Keep track of closed deals and win-loss performance and share your insights and challenges so the team can move faster, improve, and sell more!
- Up to 30-50% travel may be required
Required skills / experience:
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to effectively communicate the product value proposition
- Good technical foundation to dig in and understand the technology and answer questions about it
- Possess the ability to influence others, overcome objections, smile and remain resilient everyday
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent forecasting and qualification skills
- 10+ years of experience working with/in US Government, Defense Industry, & Public Sector
- Proven track record of capturing new business opportunities and exceeding quota in a sales role
- Good understanding and personal connections in USG (preferably DOD, DHS, DOE, DOJ, DOS, and DOT)
- Significant experience with Federal contracting practices, including experience in all contract types, non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts
- Experienced in holding meetings/presentations at executive levels
- Demonstrated success selling into large, cross functional programs
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement and follow policies, processes and procedures
- Bachelor of Science degree; preferably in Engineering/Science discipline (with MBA a plus)
- Desired: Active Secret or above Clearance
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, and 401(k)
- Paid vacation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Seattle’s Best Companies to Work For (two-years in a row
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.