Embedded Software Test Engineer
HELP US BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION RADAR
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but creates vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying cars. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution, ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to operate safely at any time and in any weather.
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size, Weight or Power.
Echodyne is looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to join our product development team to support new product development and test prototypes and in-production MESA radars. You’ll participate in the whole product development life cycle with us, from concept through deployment and operations.
What you’ll do:
- Execute suite of automated and manual verification tests, analyze and communicate results to team
- Design & run exploratory tests to identify new feature testing scenarios
- Perform integration, regression, and system level testing of MESA radars
- Troubleshoot software and hardware faults, isolate and resolve issues with team
- Help develop and improve our test environment
- Work alongside radar, signal processing, hardware, and software engineers to verify new software and product releases
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge and experience testing embedded systems
- Practical understanding of testing principles, methods, and techniques
- Capable of identifying testing scenarios, running tests, generating reports, and communicating results.
- Experience using lab instruments to support testing activities on hardware such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and multi-meters.
- Familiarity with standard communication protocols (UDP/TCP, UART, I2C, SPI)
- A testers knowledge of C/C++
- Experience using scripting languages, such as Python, for test case development
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, related field, or equivalent.
Nice to have extras:
- Experience authoring Integration and System Testing plans and procedures
- Practical understanding of software development practices
- Experience using test automation frameworks
- Proficient using Linux as a test-platform
- Familiarity with MATLAB or equivalent
Technologies & Tools we use (you don’t need to know all of these):
- Linux, Windows, Git/Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, PyPi
- GCC, CMake, Eclipse, Python, pip, virtualenv
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Flexible time off – Generous paid time off as long as business objectives are being met; paid office closure days and sick leave
- Lots of healthy snack options
- Locker rooms/showers
- Fun company events, plus ping pong, can jam and board games
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets, travel and more
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
100 Best Companies To Work For in Washington - two years in a row!
Visit www.echodyne.com for more information.