Software Test Lead
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but creates vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying cars. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution, ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to operate safely at any time and in any weather.
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size, Weight or Power.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Software Test Lead to drive quality, execution, and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will lead the testing of firmware and embedded software on Echodyne’s MESA radars. You’ll participate in the whole product development life cycle with us, from concept through deployment and operations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Test Team to plan for and test customer-facing and internal product features
- Work closely with product development teams to establish test criteria, champion design-for-test thinking, and improve test automation capabilities
- Develop test plans, test cases and run tests
- Drive and support testing efforts across teams and projects
- Mentor and coach team members including test engineers, technicians and interns
What we’re looking for:
You’re passionate about testing - you want to know how the systems works, what it’s limits are. You have a tester mindset and technical lead experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Test Lead, Lead SDET, or related role
- 6+ years of hands-on experience designing and running integration and system test scenarios for embedded applications
- Practical understanding of testing principles, methods, and techniques
- A tester’s knowledge of C/C++, Python, and embedded Linux
- Experience using and integrating test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters) into test environments.
- Familiarity with standard communication protocols (UDP/TCP, UART, I2C, SPI)
- Practical understanding of software development practices
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, related field, or equivalent
Nice to have extras:
- Experience using test automation frameworks
- Proficient using Linux as a test-platform
- Advanced knowledge of C/C++, Python, and embedded Linux
- Understanding of sampling theory, digital filtering, and ADC signal digitization is a plus
- Familiarity with MATLAB or equivalent
Technologies & Tools we use (you don’t need to know all of these):
- Linux, Git/Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, PyPi.
- GCC, CMake, Eclipse, Python, pip, virtualenv, Visual Studio Code.
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Flexible time off – Generous paid time off as long as business objectives are being met; paid office closure days and sick leave
- Lots of healthy snack options
- Locker rooms/showers
- Fun company events, plus ping pong, can jam and board games
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets, travel and more
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
100 Best Companies To Work For in Washington - two years in a row!
Visit www.echodyne.com for more information.